Thursday, December 4, 2014

Honest and Dreamy Portraits

This is my final project of term one for lens based which focuses on portrait and self-portrait. I like to take portraits and this really is a project that related to my personal long-term project too! I will need a minimum of four, two for reach of the portrait and self-portrait.
Main ideas: (1) A portrait of someone that you know and one that you feel shows them in an ‘honest’ way; (2) A portrait that shows the person in a way in which you or you both would like others to see them.
Picture 1: Showing my friend – Amber Stanley in an ‘honest’ way.
I turned her into a very old woman with makeup as she and I think that she actually looks much older than her age. I made it a little bit exaggerated because I wanted my idea stand out even more, and how she looked a bit sad as she did not want to look older than her age.
IMG_9527-A
Picture 2: Showing how we both want others to see her.
I made this picture a bit blurry to make it look like as dreamy as possible, and the big contrast (by comparing both pictures I took) makes her look even younger than her age!
IMG_9503-A
As I told you that this is my last project this term, I will still keep taking pictures in my leisure time because I enjoyed it so much! Also, I will show you my self-portraits that I did for this project soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment