Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Beauty & Makeup Blogging

Online presence is very important in this century and blogging is one of the significant social media for artist/makeup artist to share their work to people around the world. I have done some researches on different makeup bloggers as I think it will help me developing mine. There are two blogs I am going to show in the following that I think I can learn something from them, and there is something that I should avoid at the same time.
Both bloggers are well-known ‘vloggers’ on YouTube, and I believe that it is a very good idea to start blogging with YouTube as it is another significant social media for makeup artist.
michellephanblog
Example 1: Michelle Phan
Things I should do with my makeup blog:
1. It has a professional layout with her own domain name, everything is clear and easy-to-navigate.
2. Categories are clear and it has a variety of information with different subject from fashion and beauty to her daily things.
3. Pictures are beautifully edited and I do not need to read through everything but only click on the post that I would love to see.
4. A long passage talking about Michelle Phan herself.
5. It links to other social media like Facebook and pinterest, which makes us much easier to contact her.
Things I should avoid:
1. Advertisement that are not related to their business, and its advertisement is actually covering her post which is quite annoying.
zoellablog
Example 2: Zoella
Things I should do with my makeup blog:
1. A long passage talking about Zoella herself.
2. It links to other social media like Facebook and YouTube, which makes us much easier to contact her.
Things I should avoid:
1. There is too many advertisement in this blog and the background is also the advertisement that is not related to her posts.
2. The layout is not professional enough as it looks a lot like a blog by Google blogger with her own personal domain name only.
3. There is no category or label for readers to nevigate and I have to read every single posts, which means there is no specific theme for her blog and it is very hard to find out something specific.
There is a lot that I can do with my makeup blog. I am now going to start developing my makeup blog and I am sure it will accomplish my career aspiration as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment