Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Print-making Crit

I have been doing a lot of prints within 7 weeks, and my crit for print-making has finally come. I found it really useful for me as I did receive a great deal of advice and inspirations from others, especially from my tutor. In the following I am going to show you some of the prints I have done and my artistic statement specially for my print crit.
Here is my artistic statement for my print-making crit:
I like to focus on self-portraiture and mix it with nature, and I believe the main reason behind is being a makeup artist that I have been working for over two years. I am totally interested in makeup as I think it is like painting on faces instead of paper, and it is really challenging because I am painting on a 3D surface instead. At the same time, I believe that floral things beautifully represent either my positive or negative feelings. When both of them come together, they become something really unique that only representing me.
IMG_9233 IMG_9204 IMG_9216IMG_9217 IMG_9403IMG_9399
IMG_9223 IMG_9201

I found a real big problem after this crit as I did not really mix them together properly. They are separated like there are lots of portraits and flowers. What I am going to do is to try putting them together in one piece of art that really means something, like the last picture I show here!

No comments:

Post a Comment