Friday, October 17, 2014

Frieze Art Fair 2014

IMG_8379
I went to the Frieze Art Fair at Regent’s Park today. Overall, I like this fair because there were loads of amazing artworks in a variety of forms and presentations. However, first thing that I don’t like was the floor plan of this exhibition. When I entered to the exhibition without a guidance, I didn’t even know where I should first start my journey there. I think they should provide something like the arrows to guide people and it would be easier to not get lost. (I was totally lost and I think I missed a lot.)
Second thing would be the ticket price, I got mine £37.5 without any discount because the student ticket was sold out… :-( I think I would go there again if I could get a student ticket next year otherwise I couldn’t afford it a second time. They shouldn’t limit the amount of student ticket and they could actually check our student card to prove that ‘We are student’.
Anyway, if you haven’t been there before, I suggest that you go there at least once. However, you might need to go there next year as the last day of Frieze Art Fair 2014 will be tomorrow. Click here to see more details of the one in the coming year.

Marina Abramović is a performance artist based in New York. Her work explores the relationship between performer (usually herself) and audience, the limits of the body, and the possibilities of the mind. The Garden of Maitreya is one of the pictures from her series of performance art – Places of Power. We are tiny, as comparing to the world, the places of power showed the limits of our body.  Abramović is right in the middle of her picture to prove that how The Garden of Maitreya is powerful.
IMG_8392
Marina AbramovićPlaces of Power, The Garden of Maitreya, 2013
Pigment Print
63 × 83 9/10 in
160 × 213 cm

Alex Prager is a young American art photographer and filmmaker who lives and works in Los Angeles. Her photographs were first created with a history of Hollywood and its photography, and also the cinematic image in art contexts. She tended to make her works exaggerated and costumed in order to speak to the ambiguity of seduction and spectacle.
IMG_8395IMG_8398
Alex Prager
Untitled (Parts 1 & 3), 2014
Edition of 6

Damien Steven Hirst is an English artist and art collector. White Cube 2014 was the latest artwork that he made this year. This work is very inspiring as I couldn’t believe that almost everything can become an art piece as long as you are creative. It just looks like a map of an urbanized city that is taken from the sky.
IMG_8424
Damien Hirst
White Cube 2014
Scalpel blades, skin graft blades, zips, stitching needles, aluminium filings, stainless steel studs and glass paint on canvas
72 x 108 in. (182.9 x 274.3 cm)

Charles Thomas, as known as Chuck Close, is an American painter and photographer who achieved fame as a photorealist. He is known for portrait painting just like the one below. When I first saw this piece, I didn’t even take a closer look of the name of its artwork but I could tell this is Kate Moss, an international famous super-model. Also, I thought it was something made by photoshop at the very first beginning, but it is actually an painting.
IMG_8386
Chuck Close
Kate 2013
Did you also go to the Frieze Art Fair this year? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment