Monday, October 6, 2014

Modeling by Mannequin

Another option I chose in my course was Lens Based. (Well, I thought ‘Lens Based’ would be something different from photography, but it’s not (I supposed), otherwise, why not just name the course title as photography?) Also, I once believed I could learn some technical photographic skills from the lessons, but I have just got the first photography project at my first lesson. OH MY GOD! I don’t think I can do it. What am I going to do with? How can I do a photography project without knowledge of photography? What the hardest thing I have found in the lesson should be the part of presentation and giving responses to others’ works since I don’t know any professional terms to describe how I took a picture, and I think it’s time for me to learn more vocabularies to extend my dictionary and to improve my speaking skill as well.
Anyway, I got some inspiration from an American photographer and artist – Lee Friedlander. He mostly works with black and white film and developed his own style of photography with many of his pictures including street and reflections from the stores’ windows. If you are interested in his work too, go click on the link here, I’m sure you will like it as well. His works are very impressive and it caught my attention when I first saw them. My favourite series from his works is “Mannequin“. They are just too amazing.
Friedlander_Mannequin-121-376x570
Friedlander_Mannequin-7-378x570
THIS IS DEFINITELY MY FAVOURITE ONE! WHY? The evening dress was dull with pure colour only, but the reflection just made it alive and even more interesting! Do you think so?
Friedlander_Mannequin-6-377x570
The reflection as a background is beautiful and the mannequin is like a real model who did modeling and stood in front of those buildings. How spectacular it is!
Friedlander_Mannequin-4-377x570
It’s interesting that you can actually see Friedlander’s reflection in this picture. It’s like a pictorial signature which he signed on his own photo, his own artwork.
Friedlander_Mannequin-2-380x570
I just posted some of his works here, please do not forget to click the link here to see more! It’s too beautiful to miss! So now, I guess it’s time for you all to see my works which were inspired by him? 
IMG_7791A
IMG_7788-A
IMG_7786-A
Those three pictures I took was in the city centre of Leicester. I was trying to do a parody of the one I like most from Friedlander, but it was too hard to find the same evening dress or even an evening dress in the city centre. So, I took some pictures of the fashion stores’ mannequins instead.
What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment