Thursday, October 2, 2014

Too Much @ Two Queens 2014

Too Much 2014 is held at Two Queens Leicester which features Jennifer Chan, Kitty Clark, Phoebe Collings-James, Jesse Darling, Rozsa Farkas, Jake Kent, Melika Ngombe Kolongo, Jaako Pallasvuo, Leon Sadler and Alice Theobald. It focuses on how they present their feelings with their emotive artworks. The exhibition with loads of contemporary practices that showcase different expressions from positive to negative feeling with hatred and love, etc.
I went to the gallery on the opening night on 2 October 2014. I found this show really interesting because there was a variety of artworks with different forms and presentation. It was an amazing birthday gift for me this year! (Happy Birthday to me :D)
Rozsa Farkas – Hand written text on found poster
IMG_7747
Phoebe Collings-James – Dicpic, Oil On Canvas, 2014
IMG_7751
Jesse Darling – Window Painting 1 & 2. Sash window, found wood, insulation materials, white paint, fluorescent tube, 2014
IMG_7753
IMG_7754
Jesse Darling – Peak Flow, Plaster inhalers and pigment, 2014
That was my favourite one because I never felt so connected with an artwork like this before. I was born with asthma and I just couldn’t live without inhalers when I was young. Luckily, it turned a bit better when I was 18, so I had stopped using these little devices for 4 years. For me, inhalers was something very depressing, but now when I looked at these plaster inhalers, I felt so released like never before.
IMG_7755
Jennifer Chan – New Alpha Digital Print on PVC Banner, 2014
IMG_7757
IMG_7758
IMG_7759
What I have learned from this show was art could be presented by different style with different media, and it was my very first time to see some audio and video installation as art pieces with a lot of meanings behind the works. Here is just some pictures I picked out from the exhibition, so don’t forget to check them out at Two Queens Leicester if you have time as you will never want to miss those great works out.
P.S. For more details please click on the link here. Exhibition continues until 25 October 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment