Friday, October 3, 2014

Life Drawing with Continuous Line

My first drawing class was focused on figure drawing – Line. I was requested to do the life drawing with continuous line which means there should be only one line in the drawing, and at the same time I couldn’t look at my drawing but only the model. I found it really hard not to peek at the drawing while you were drawing because everything would certainly go wrong, but I could make it finally. Anyway, there’s no right or wrong when it comes to art, it looks artistic and I love my works so much. I am right-handed and I tried to draw one life drawing with my left hand. It was so difficult to control my left hand because I wasn’t used to do it with my left hand. I think I need to do some practices more and more.
Upper: Life Drawing with Left Hand
Lower: Two Life Drawings with Right Hand
IMG_7770  
IMG_7768   
And then I did another life drawings with 3 different coloured pens. I could spend 1% of time on my drawings and 99% of time of the model this time, so I guess my drawings are a lot better, right?
IMG_7764   
IMG_7767  
The last one (we did) was a communal life drawing, we all started on our own drawings first, and then we passed our drawings to the left when our tutor stopped us, and we continued to do other’s drawing. It was because our tutor realized we didn’t correct our own drawings by ourselves so let others did in order to correct them. I found it very challenging and it was so much fun since you never know how the drawings went until you took incharged!
IMG_7762  
Thanks everyone who took part in my communal drawing because it looks so wonderful now!

No comments:

Post a Comment