Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Happy Tears

IMG_9201
I tried something new in today’s lesson which was all about collagraph prints, and the pictures I show here are what I made in class without any preparation. I cut out some thin layers and tore them out carefully otherwise the spaces would be empty instead.
My project for print-making is mainly self-portrait, and I also do some prints reflecting self as well. Two different tones of colours, warm and cool colours are used here to show my positive and negative feeling. There’s both positive and negative side in those prints as flowers are known for happiness (as I believe), but here they are just like tears (which are known for sadness).
IMG_9202
IMG_9203
I know sometimes it’d be good to create some works quickly and immediately without preparation, so I’m gonna try it next time again, and I hope that they will be good enough to share to you all ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment