Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Marilyn Monroe Prints

Maralyn-quad
Marilyn Monroe by Andy Warhol 1967
Everyone can tell whose work it is when they see it at first sight. My favourite artist is definitely Andy Warhol. He was an American artist who was a signature in the visual art – pop art. He focused on artistic expression, celebrity culture and advertisement in 1960s. Also, there’s an art museum – The Andy Warhol Museum in the US dedicated to him only.
As a makeup artist, my inspiration for makeup always comes from art, and his works inspired and influenced me most, especially pop art, and his various celebrity print-making works.
His prints are always printed on his drawing, and he did a lot of experiments with different colour matches. Based on his works, I did a Marilyn Monroe screen-print as well. I didn’t print it directly on my drawing, but I cut it out as a paper-cutting again. I like the final result very much.
This is the draft before I cut it out.
IMG_8089
There were three layers on one print with yellow, red and blue. I think it looks a lot like Monroe now!
IMG_8864
Print-making is like a highlighter to take my artworks to the next level, it makes my drawing, paper-cutting and any other kinds of art pieces even more artistic and creative. It is quite a challenge for me because I never know how my work will look like unless it’s done, and I would always love to experiment as much as I can to see loads of different styles with different colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment